Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Artifake_Labs releases Meltron MKX
Artifake_Labs has released Meltron MKX, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
Meltron MKX emulates “The Mellotron”, one of the most famous tape replay keyboard. Meltron MKX is a sample-based plug-in, made with SynthEdit and totally free.
Meltron MKX features
- Five voice types: 3 violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass and String Section.
- “Loop” and “Non-Loop” modes: as the original “Mellotron”, each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to “Loop Mode” and allows the samples to loop continuously (more easily playable).
- Layer possibilities and independent parameters for layer A and B.
- Attack, Release, Pan, Octave, Pitch, Tone and volume parameters.
- “Tape noise” knob to simulate tape hiss.
- Tape Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback and Pan parameters).
- Spring Reverb effect (Amount, Size, Damp and Pan parameters).
- Can be used as SoundFont Player to mix any .sf2 file with “Tron sounds”.
- Low CPU load.
Meltron MXK is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC. Download it here (41MB .dll, MediaFire).
Visit Artifake_Labs for more information.