Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Artifake_Labs releases RedTron
Artifake_Labs has released RedTron, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
RedTron is an updated version of the previously released Meltron MKX.
RedTron emulates “The Mellotron”, one of the most famous tape replay keyboard. RedTron is a sample-based VST plug-in, made with SynthEdit and totally free.
- Five sound types: 3 violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass, String Section.
- “Loop” and “Non-Loop” modes: as the original “Mellotron”, each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to “Loop Mode” and allows the samples to loop continuously.
- Layer possibilities & independent parameters for layer A & B:
- Attack, Release, Pan, Octave, Note, Pitch, Tone & volume parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- “Tape Noise” knob to simulate tape hiss.
- Can be used as Soundfont Player to mix any .sf2 file with “Tron sounds” or to extend the sound palette.
RedTron is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC. Download it here (MediaFire).
Visit Artifake_Labs for more information.