Artifake_Labs releases Redtron_SE v1.0, free Mellotron instrument
Artifake_Labs has released Redtron_SE, a special edition version of the Redtron_400 virtual mellotron instrument for Windows.
This VST plug-in uses the Taijiguy’s Mellotron samples (taken from a 1973 Mellotron M400S – Serial #500)
The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted “clicks” and “pops” here and there.
Redtron_SE v1.0 features
- Nine sound types : MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
- No loops : as the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, “the bad endings”.
- Exclusive “Mellotronic Click” switch. On real Mellotrons, “Click” can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head. These “clicks” are here randomly generated, so you don’t hear twice the same and they can appear on any key ; A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (of course, you can also completely disable it ). Note : this function is inactive when the attack parameter is set to any value different from zero.
- Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
- Independent parameters for sound A & B :
- Volume, Tone, Pan, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Attack & Release, Octave & Note parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Global volume, tone, and pitch control.
Retron_SE is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: Artifake_Labs