Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Arturia shipping Analog Factory Experience
Analog Factory Experience features
- Analog Factory: 3500 analog synthesizers sounds that have defined the sound of modern music.
- All presets are carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths (minimoog V, Moog Modular V, CS-80V, ARP 2600 V, Prophet V, Prophet VS and Jupiter-8V). These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Fast filter the presets to your requirements: by Instrument, by Type (Bass, Pads, Leads…) and/or by Characteristics (hard, soft, complex, simple, short, long…), and find presets according to these filtered choices.
- Organize Presets view by Name, Instrument, Type, CPU usage, Favorites, or User Presets.
- Straight forward Editing, with the most essential parameters for personalizing presets: (Filter and LFO sections, 4 Key Parameters differing for each preset, Chorus & Delay mix, ADSR envelope), more….
- Keyboard : 32 keys with velocity.
- Controllers : 1 clickable encoder, 10 encoders, 4 sliders, 11 switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel.
- Connectors : Hold, Sustain, Expression.
Analog Factory Experience is now available for $349 USD / 299 EUR.
Arturia has also unveiled their first hardware synthesizer Origin at the NAMM show.
I remember seeing it at the NAMM last year.
FutureMusic posts Frédéric Brun’s (President of Arturia) explanation:
The Origin project has proved much more demanding and complex than we initially thought. The modularity of the architecture, combined with the nature of the engine, based on two TigerSHARCs, and with the ergonomic choices we’ve made, resulted in a high level of complexity. But, what is complexity for us will deliver power and ease of use for the musician. We are late to deliver, but we have made the choice to take the time necessary and to not compromise on quality.
With a street price of $2999 USD / 2299 EUR it better be a quality synth.