ASL SoundLab has released Void, a filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Void is a unique filter which is capable of transforming the most simplist of sounds into robotic vocal vowel sounds made popular by such artists as Skrillex, Doctor P, Datsik and Excision.
- Void Bar: The Void Bar is one of the main controls of Void. This is the blue bar at the top of the GUI and effects the timbre of the incoming signal.
- Length: Set on low it will produce a steep harsh deep sound whereas set on high it will produce a nice smooth and rounded filter sweep.
- Intensity: This controls the intensity of the Void effect.
- Width: Adds extra dimensional width to the signal resulting in a spacious yet tight sound.
- Position: Sweeps through three different parts of the signal chain.
- Link: When enabled, this links the Void Bar and the Length controls together.
- Range: When enabled, another control is highlighted which can expand the frequency range of Void, resulting in new filter sweeps rarely heard.
- Mix: Sweeps between the dry signal and the effected signal.
- Input: Sets the gain for pre-filter clipping.
- Output: Sets the gain for post-filter clipping.
Void for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £30 GBP.
More information: ASL SoundLab