ATC launches SCM45A Pro loudspeaker
ATC has announced the launch of the SCM45A Pro, a new high-performance, three-way compact active loudspeaker.
The SCM45A Pro is a completely new design, yet shares many features with its smaller sibling, the highly-successful SCM25A Pro three-way, compact active loudspeaker. As a mid-size, three-way design that can be used in near- or mid-field positions, the SCM45A Pro perfectly fills a gap in ATC’s high-performance, professional active studio monitoring loudspeaker range. It has high output and delivers extended low frequency for its size — and all without compromising the overall balance for which ATC is so well known.
Like the SCM25A Pro, the new SCM45A Pro is an active three-way design with an unprecedented linear response across the critical midrange, as well as across the rest of the audible frequency range. In contrast to the SCM25A Pro, the SCM45A Pro features a second woofer for deeper bass response and increased SPL (Sound Pressure Level) capability, as well as ATC’s new proprietary dual-suspension tweeter — the first to be designed and built by the company, and the result of six years of research and development by ATC Managing Director Billy Woodman and R&D Engineer Richard Newman — for increased resolution in the top end.
SCM45A Pro features
- Mid-size very high performance active 3-way studio monitor.
- Ideally suited to:
- critical near-field listening applications in all control rooms.
- LCR surround monitoring in medium control rooms.
- surround channels in medium-to-large contol rooms.
- ATC hand built 6.5˝/164mm carbon-paper cone bass driver.
- ATC 25mm/1” Dual Suspension Super Tweeter.
- Discrete MOSFET class A/B bi-amp pack with 150W/60W/25W continuous power output.
The SCM45A Pro will be shipping from February 16th, 2015, priced at £7,042 GBP (plus VAT) per pair.