Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Audacity (stable) updated to v1.2.6
The stable version of the free cross-platform sound editor Audacity has been updated to version 1.2.6.
Changes in Audacity 1.2.6
- Fixed memory leaks on Windows
- Corrected font size problems
- Enabled missing FLAC support
- Fixed Mac OS X (PPC only) screen redraw issues
There are still a few known problems in the stable branch as well:
- Audacity can import and display MIDI files, but cannot play or edit them
- Linux: Recording in full duplex (playing existing tracks while recording) on some systems causes mono recordings to sound distorted or low-pitched. To work around this problem, set Audacity to record in stereo
- MacOS X: Audacity cannot work with files or folders that are contained inside folders with non-English characters (accents, symbols, etc.) in their names. Files with accented characters work, and Audacity projects with accented characters work. Only folders with accented characters in their names will cause problems