Cross-platform sound editor Audacity has been updated to version 1.3.10 beta.
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.10 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. This release removes a significant number of crash or freeze problems and other major bugs. It brings us very close to our goal of a new 2.0 Release.
1.3.10 is strongly recommended for users on Windows Vista and 7, rather than 1.2.6 Stable. We ask everyone to help us test 1.3.10 and let us know of any problems you find. Advanced users are encouraged to test our latest fixes as we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds. We hope a final 1.3.11 Beta will follow soon.
Changes in Audacity v1.3.10
- Imports/Exports bug fixes:
- Freeze importing audio files in Pitch (EAC) view
- Corrupted WAV or AIFF imports and WMA exports
- Metadata Editor appeared before the Export window
- Effects bug fixes:
- Crash/hang using Equalization; errors in Reverse and Truncate Silence
- Nyquist: Excessive memory consumption; errors in European locales; inaccurate text box values
- VST effects remained in menu when no longer available
- Other bug fixes:
- Spurious “not writable/disk full” errors when saving projects
- Desynchronized playback/data loss when using multiple tracks
- Crash opening Preferences when no valid devices present
- (Windows) Audacity sometimes did not come up on top at launch
- (Linux) Crash when undoing or redoing label edits
- Improved copying/pasting of label-with-audio and system clipboard text
- Contrast Tool now modeless, intuitive handling of multiple project windows, various other improvements
Audacity is available to download for Mac, Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
More information: Audacity