Audio Damage Axon, neuron sequencer / synth instrument
Audio Damage has released Axon, a neuron sequencer coupled with 7 individual FM synths.
Axon is a strange creature, and we won’t tell you otherwise. Our goal was to come up with a new style of percussion sequencer/synth that wasn’t linear and x0xy, and we succeeded beyond our wildest expectations.
The Neuron Sequencer in Axon is a fundamentally different way of thinking about rhythmic sequencing, and results in new patterns and styles that will bring your IDM, dance, and ambient tracks to another place.
- All new Neuron Sequencer, a seven-node hexagonal counter sequencer.
- Seven FM percussion-tuned voices, also capable of melodic expression.
- Unique FM and Ring Mod busses for global FM and Ring Mod.
- Full MIDI output control (VST only) for driving external synths, drum machines, and samplers.
- Full internal mixer that also controls MIDI output velocity, with solo and muting.
- Internal stereo delay, taken from the best of Audio Damage’s delay algorithms, with low- and high-pass filters and a playable feedback control.
- Full MIDI Learn mode, for external hardware control of all Axon parameters.
Axon is available to purchase as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $59 USD.