Audio Damage has launched Mad Hatter, a new Eurorack format digital noise module.
What do you get when you take a shift register noise generator and the six-square-wave oscillator stack from the TR606 cymbal source and put ’em in one unit? Mad Hatter!
As a digital noise source, Mad Hatter is, well, as versatile as a digital noise source can really be. The COLOR control and CV input is the clock speed of the shift register, from chaotic oscillations to white noise.
This noise is then paired with the oscillator stack, six square waves at frequencies measured from our own TR-606. (For added versatility, the COLOR knob also controls the pitch of two of those oscillators, sweeping them over a 1-octave range.) The oscillators run through a pair of bandpass filters, in the same manner as the TR-606’s cymbal sound.
This whole mess goes to a high-pass filter, with a frequency controlled with the HPF FILTER FREQ knob and CV input. After that, it’s out the out-hole to your favorite VCA, for easy-to-patch hi-hat and cymbal sounds.
Mad Hatter features
- Digital shift register noise plus 6 square wave oscillators for easy x0x-style cymbal synthesis.
- COLOR knob controls shift register noise clock and oscillator stack pitch.
- HPF FREQ knob controls high-pass filter frequency.
- CROSSFADE knob mixes from audio input, through noise, to oscillator stack.
- CV control of all parameters.
- 8HP panel size.
- Skiff-friendly 20mm depth.
- 90ma current draw.
Mad Hatter is available for purchase for $189 USD.
More information: Audio Damage