Audio Damage releases Replicant
From a simple delay or panning effect, on up to massive random beat mangling, Replicant is a capable plugin well in line with today’s modern electronic music styles. Stuttering buffers and filter drops are easy to program, and the comprehensive randomization features give it a mind of its own, if so desired.
- Tempo-based delay and looping effects, from 1/128th note to an entire measure
- Six independant randomization controls, for subtle changes or extreme aleatoric madness, including a global randomize button
- Our unique “Hold” feature, to store a random sequence you like
- Resonant low-pass and high-pass filters that change over time
- Pan position that changes over time
- Two separate direction modes, for entire events or individual repeats, with randomization
- Full MIDI Learn for hardware control of every parameter. (VST only; handled by host in AU version)
Replicant costs $49.00 and is available as a VST effect for Windows, and as an AudioUnit/VST effect bundle for OSX Universal Binary. (Note that you must have OSX 10.3.9 or greater to use the Macintosh version of this plugin)
As with all AD products there is no demo version available (they offer a 30-day “not happy? get 100% refund” policy), so go check the audio demos to see what Replicant sounds like.