Audio Pluggers K-Meter, K-System based metering
Audio Pluggers has released a beta of K-Meter, a metering plug-in featuring upsampled peak detection, perceived loudness metering, K-System compatibility, and pink noise monitor calibration.
By using the K-System and K-Meter, audio engineers can ensure that their mixes reproduce accurately on a variety of playback systems, from theaters to MP3 players. K-Meter’s perceived loudness meter models the ear’s sensitivity to different frequencies, giving you a much more accurate indication of loudness than conventional meters. Combine this with the ability to detect inter-sample peaks, and you can be confident that your mixes are of the highest quality.
- Built from the ground up around the K-System.
- Upsampled peak detection that discovers inter-sample peaks missed by other meters (upsamples up to 4x the input rate).
- Perceived loudness meter supporting the LKFS measurement (ITU-R BS.1770-1). This models the ear’s sensitivity to different frequencies.
- Band-limited RMS meter for monitor calibration and compatibility with other meters.
- Pink noise generator for monitor calibration.
- Resettable clip indicators with sensitivity dial.
- Collapsible interface that occupies less screen space.
- All-in-one 32-bit and 64-bit universal binary supporting Intel and PPC Macs.
- SIMD optimization including AltiVec and SSE support.
- User manual including background on the K-System.
The K-Meter beta is available to purchase as an Audio Unit plug-in for Mac, for $25 USD (all future K-Meter updates and patches, free of charge). K-Meter will be $50 USD when it is released.
More information: Audio Pluggers