Audio-Technica has introduced the ATM230, a new Artist Series hypercardioid dynamic instrument microphone.
The ATM230 brings a model ideal for capturing drums and percussion to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end.
The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack.
- Handles very high SPL at close range.
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response.
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source.
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use.
The Audio-Technica ATM230 microphone will be available March, 2016 with a U.S. street price of $139 USD. Also available will be the ATM230PK pack with three ATM230’s with a U.S. street price of $349 USD.