audioD3CK has released ChopChop, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ChopChop’s algorithm was originally designed to be reasonably clean while operating with a very fast attack time and classic peak detection. The result is a very flexible compressor with a distinct sound. ChopChop is best used when the compression is meant to be heard, but it can act as an invisible tool too!
- External side chain.
- Linear domain compression for an old school sound.
- High pass filter in side chain.
- Range control to limit amount of gain reduction.
- Range knee to alter character of compression range.
- Mid/side mode.
- Freely adjustable channel linking.
- Adjustable compression knee.
- Full range ratio, all the way form 1:1 to 1:infinity.
- Flexible metering.
- Parallel compression.
- Release acceleration control to alter compressors behavior.
ChopChop for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 19 EUR (non-commercial) / 49 EUR (commercial).
AudioD3CK has also released a version 1.1 update for all its plugins, which includes the following new features:
- Resizable UIs.
- Internal preset handling.
- Undo/redo for parameter changes.
- Updated manuals.
- Better authorization process.
- Improved installer.
- Registration free demo versions.
- Some presets.
- [Krucz] Additional makeup parameter.
The updates are free to existing customers. AAX and VST3 versions are in development.