Audiofile Engineering has announced Triumph, the long awaited sequel to their popular Wave Editor audio editing application.
Triumph is much more than just a new version of Wave Editor, which is also the reason for the new name. “Our goal is to always be on the cutting edge of technology and interface design. We completely rewrote Wave Editor. We rethought everything, not only how to improve on what we built in Wave Editor, but how we could bring the concept of an audio editor forward”, says Matthew Foust, founder of Audiofile Engineering, “Triumph takes full advantage of all of the latest technologies Mac OS X has to offer.”
Musicians and audio professionals who are already fans of Audiofile Engineering’s Wave Editor will be delighted in seeing the new Triumph’s single window and full screen support, experiencing the completely rewritten audio system and the significantly improved arrangement & mastering features, all fully 64-bit.
Less guess work and more speed
Triumph features a unique and patented method for editing audio: Layers. It’s similar to image editing in technique, but is specifically tailored for audio. The Layers method is an innovative way to create combinations of sounds. It saves time by keeping everything live and editable until the final product and results in less guesswork and more speed.
Spacious, natural sounds thanks to FHX™
The new FHX™ effect in Triumph solves a number of the issues often associated with listening to music on headphones. FHX creates a more spacious, natural sound stage over headphones — enabling an exceptional listening experience that will truly inspire and engage.
Audiofile Engineering has teamed up with iZotope and now includes iZotope Restore & Restoration as well as the advanced iZotope MBIT+ and 64-bit SRC options for disc burning in Triumph.
- Redesigned Meters inspired by the beautiful UI from the Spectre, Audiofile’s real-time analysis application.
- Auto Save & Versions – automatically save your projects with browse history.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
- Full Apple Script Support for complex workflows, automation and interacting with other applications.
- Actions for a clean, uncluttered interface and intuitive workflow.
- Effects Groups – save a group of Effects including their settings for use on future projects.
- Effects Automation – new Shapes feature can automate the parameters of an effect.
- High performance scrubbing and innovative FHX™ headphone listening plug-in.
- Hardware Output & Channel Mapping for greatly improved system configuration.
- Full Support for iXML.
- Support for Retina displays.
- Analog Simulation.
Triumph is available to purchase for Mac, at the introductory price of $59.99 USD through November 16th, 2012 (25% off regular $79.99 USD). Users who purchased Wave Editor 1.5 on or after May 1st, 2012 may request a license key for Triumph 2.0 at no charge.