Audiofile Engineering has released Backline MIDI, a unique utility for MIDI users, especially anyone looking to monitor/send MIDI info in a live-performance environment.
Backline MIDI is a utility designed for fast, accurate MIDI troubleshooting in any setting.
Created by the minds at Audiofile Engineering, it’s an ideal tool for traveling techs and live engineers who need a convenient way to monitor or send MIDI information on the go.
Create a master clock for tempo and time-sync functions, monitor incoming MIDI messages across channels with detailed info, and much more, all with an intuitive, easy-to-read interface.
Backline MIDI features
- Status Board for monitoring MIDI messages including: Note On, Note Off, Aftertouch, Controller, Program Change, Pitch Wheel, Channel Pressure, Clock, Start, Timecode, Continue, Tick, Stop, Song Position, System Exclusive, Song Select, Active Sensing, Tune Request.
- List (see message details such as channel and velocity).
- Clock display.
- Timecode display.
- Click (send specified note on assigned channel at a given tempo).
- Transport (send start/stop/continue messages).
- Clock (send tempo).
- Timecode (send timecode).
Backline MIDI for iOS 3.1 or later is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
Note: Full use of Backline MIDI requires the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer accessory with the latest firmware. Download the latest firmware with the newest version of MIDI Memo Recorder.