Ross Bencina has posted some preliminary information on AudioMulch 2.0, the upcoming version of the interactive music studio software for real-time sound synthesis, music composition and performance-oriented audio processing.
AudioMulch 2.0 is now in the final stages of development. Due to the scope of development things have taken longer than anticipated. The release will take place on May 1, 2009. Apologies to existing users for the delay, and thank you for your patience.
AudioMulch 2.0 is not just a new version, it is the next generation of AudioMulch. It will provide a foundation for a new cycle of feature development and improvements that will be rolled out in regular updates after the 2.0 release. Currently we are focused on delivering a stable and reliable release as soon as practical.
Changes in AudioMulch 2.0
- Improvements to the AudioMulch core
- Significant performance increases for audio processing (up to twice the efficiency in some cases).
- Patchable MIDI routing.
- MIDI and Automation control of Metasurface, tempo and transport.
- Support for complex time signatures including automated time signature changes and additive meters.
- Improved support for consumer multichannel audio.
- Settings for enabling audio, MIDI and network functions at start-up.
- Re-coded user interface; numerous work-flow improvements
- A new Patcher with advanced drag-and-drop patching.
- Dockable windows improving multi-monitor operation.
- Faster access to MIDI control and parameter values.
- Floating Parameter Control (formerly Parameter Modulation) window.
- Nameable contraption presets.
AudioMulch will be available for purchase for $189 USD (portable across Windows and Macintosh) and the upgrade from AudioMulch 1.0 will be $89 USD.
Visit AudioMulch for more information.