AudioTeknikk updates DoublePrecisionEqualizer to v0.53 Beta, free equalizer plug-in
AudioTeknikk has released version 0.53 Beta of DoublePrecisionEqualizer, a free equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
DoublePrecisionEqualizer got the name because it uses double precision floating point stream (64bit) in the critical parts of the calculations. It supports all sampling rates up to 192khz . There are different kinds of biquad filter structures witch also will affect the precision in computation. I have choosen Direct form II. So the sound should be top notch. This is ment to be a good and clean sounding EQ with minimal digital artifacts and a practical and informative UI for the user. The nodes in the graph also gives you and alternative way to control the parameters. It is implemented a circuit to give a tubish/analogish feel to the sound if you move the “Time travel” slider back in time.
Changes in DoublePrecisionEqualizer since v0.22 beta
- High CPU consumption caused by GUI is now halved.
- New fresh GUI.
- Added controllable nodes to graph.
- RMS and PPM now correct.
- Added “Time travel” slider to change character of the sound.
- Q and Slope values are now correct.
- Added variable slope on LP & HP.
- Added preset manager for the user to make his own presets.
- Noise and pops some times when sweeping frequencies are now gone.
- Added broken modus to get some crazy sound.
DoublePrecisionEqualizer is available to download as a free VST effect plug-in for Windows. Donations are appreciated.