AudioThing has released version 1.3.0 of Fog Convolver, a convolution effect plugin that applies the sonic character of an impulse response to another sound in real time.
An impulse response is a recording of the output that is caused by an acoustic space or electronic gear when an impulse is played (electric spark, starter pistol shot or the bursting of a balloon).
Fog Convolver can be used to add reverberation, create special effects, and apply an acoustic impulse captured from audio equipment.
Changes in Fog Convolver v1.3.0
- Improved CPU performance and reduced IR loading time.
- Improved Bank browser reading time.
- Improved IR limiter (soft clip instead of hard clip).
- Added support to browse categories with arrow keys.
- Fixed Pro Tools bug with missing IRs.
- Fixed errors when importing banks with hidden files.
Fog Convolver for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 65 EUR.