AudioThing releases TapeStation for Kontakt
AudioThing has announced the release of TapeStation, a sample library/virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
What happens when a ’90s analog synth meets an ’80s tape recorder? We sampled a famous Analogue Bass Synth to tape using a new old stock cassette, and boxed it into a Kontakt Instrument.
The original synth produced fat basses and sharp leads, but now the raw tape sounds and unstable pitch add perfect elements for “tron” like sounds. Each waveform (Sawtooth, Square, Pulse 5%) was sampled chromatically from C0 to C7 and each sample is more then 6 seconds long. In the custom Performance View a Saturation and Limiter Input Gain are added to the original synth’s parameters
- 2 Oscillators (Saw, Square, Pulse 5%).
- 12-24dB/oct filter.
- 1 LFO (Random, Saw, Triangle) for Pitch and Cutoff.
- 2 Envelopes.
- 24 Factory Presets.
- 24 User Presets (save function within the Kontakt GUI).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Size: 200 MB installed.
- Custom performance view.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.2 full retail version is required.
TapeStation for Kontakt is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9 USD until October 24, 2011 (regular $12 USD).