AudioThing has released Toy Piano, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
I always wanted a Toy Piano like Schroeder’s, from Peanuts. I finally got this lovely 2-octaves upright toy piano and I could not resist to sample it and start making sound design. The sound of the piano is produced by metal bars stroke by plastic hammers, almost like a glockenspiel but more deep and warm. The Toy Piano was sampled with the lid both closed and open and percussions samples have been recorded playing the wood case of the Toy Piano with hands, nylon brushes and rubber mallets. There are also two ambient/pad/drone instruments created using samples start/loop tricks and a bunch of effects, both with a custom, tweakable, GUI.
Toy Piano features
- 3 Round Robin samples for each key.
- 6 Random release samples.
- Two sample sets (closed or open lid).
- Size: 108 MB installed.
- Formats: Kontakt and .wav.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Custom performance view.
- Bonus percussion samples and sound designed instruments.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 full retail version is required.
AudioThing Toy Piano is available to purchase for $5 USD.