Audjoo updates Helix beta (November 5, 2007)
Audjoo has released a new beta of Helix, a freeware synth plug-in for Windows PC.
Helix is capable of huge and wide unison pads and leads. Great care has been taken to ensure no aliasing in the oscillators, so the sound is free from many artifacts traditionally associated with software synthesizers. This becomes very clear when playing high notes.
Changes in the new beta
- Both RMS and Peak are used to normalize waves.
- Reverb predelay is now in seconds.
- Master Volume (Not changed when you’re flipping through presets).
- Simple Limiter.
- Limiter per Voice (a filter-type).
- Kill voices on preset change.
- Reset Delay and Reverb on preset-change.
- Delay time 0 is now supported (used to wrap to 1 second).
- Wave display shows discontinuities.
- Times in envelopes upped to 64 seconds.
- Some displays were offset slightly (step seq. and super-count, among others).
- Boost fundamental creates one if none exists.
- More LFO shapes.
- Full names on LFOs.
- Redraw performance fix.
Visit Audjoo for more information and a link to download the latest beta of Helix.