Avantgarde Sound releases enChord for Lemur & iPad
Avantgarde Sound has introduced its enChord chord app.
Avantgarde Sound’s enChord can control any MIDI capable instrument whether software (VST, AU, AAX, etc.) or hardware.
enChord is the harmony modular super algorithm; a 21st century MIDI control super instrument.
Or let’s try another way to put it: enChord is a truly innovative application that lets you design harmonically perfect chords using all of the most popular music scales in the world with the assistance of one-touch chord progression analysis and scale modulation analysis, for you to either compose music, perform music (using the included innovative PadBoard and TileBoard MIDI controllers), or BOTH by utilizing this completely innovative system when it comes to user-friendly interaction for performing and writing music.
enChord is excessively easy to use, but the results can be as mesmerizingly complex as you want them to be = true power to you.
enChord fully working prototype was developed by Avantgarde Audio using Liine’s Lemur framework with the purpose of aiding composers, songwriters and performers with their ultimate task in a totally new, improved and faster way. enChord is currently being ported to other major touch platforms, like iPad (standalone version), Android, Windows 8, etc. Plans to make enChord a standalone hardware instrument are being discussed.
To support further development and porting to other platforms, you can either buy the fully working version of enChord here, make donations, or both. Further development and porting fully depends on the support of the community and the industry.
- NoteBoard, a 108 “note canvas” for state of the art chord design and chord progression design.
- ChordLibrary, 5832 immediately available chords at the touch of one finger, featuring avant-garde (pun totally intended!) workflow and ergonomics not ever seen before… with direct audition.
- ScaleLibrary, dozens of musical scales (Major? Harmonic Minor? Gypsy? Bebop? Oriental? Hindu? You name it… they are all in enChord’s ScaleLibrary)
- Real time, generative scale “mood” audition
- One-touch chord analysis and chord progression suggester
- One-touch scale analysis and scale modulation suggester (world’s first thanks to enChord’s unique workflow)
- ChordBank feature for chord storage and direct chord audition of your stored factory or modified chords on every session
- ModBank feature: you can store your scale modulations and go back to your base scale at any time!
- TileBoard: a surface of harmonically perfect “tiles” for ultimate performance with no wrong notes; a dynamic self-regeneration-capable multi-touch instrument with expression control, channel aftertouch control and velocity control for each harmonic Tile for real-world expressivity!
- PadBoard, a dynamic pad-based board (ala MPC) that is dynamically re-built according to the user-selected scale
- MIDI channel selection enabling you to control up to 3 different external instruments at a time
- enChord is compatible with all DAWs that support MIDI
- enChord is compatible with all hardware and software instruments that support MIDI
- enChord features a state of the art, ultra ergonomic, user-friendly interface and workflow. Steve Jobs would be Avantgarde’s best friend
- enChord can be used by anyone who can install a MIDI controller; enChord’s harmony analytics and performance controllers CAN help all musicians of all genres. Musicians and composers of all skill levels will definitely find a use for enChord in their workflow. 100% certainty.
- With your support, more features coming soon…
enChord for Lemur is available to purchase from $29 USD.
More information: enChord