Avid announces Technology Demonstrations, Customer Presentations at 129th AES Convention
Avid has announced its line-up of technology demonstrations and customer presentations scheduled for the company’s booth (#1018) at the 129th AES Convention from Nov. 5-7 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco.
The sessions will provide attendees with a look at an array of new audio solutions that support open, collaborative audio workflows for use at home, in the studio or on stage.
Avid guest speakers will include Butch Vig, Garbage drummer and Grammy winning producer of Green Day’s “21st Century Breakdown,” and Dave Hill, founder of Cranesong and co-developer of Avid’s HEAT software, among others. Sharing stories and best practices honed from years of professional experience, these speakers will share audio workflow tips, behind-the-scenes production details, and impressions about how Avid has taken what we’ve heard from our customer base and delivered on our promise to provide open, flexible solutions for interoperable production environments.
In addition, a series of main stage demonstrations will include a:
- Tour through the creation, tracking and mixing of a song while moving from laptop, to desktop, to studio platforms
- Post production sound demonstration based on HBO’s Emmy award winning series “The Pacific”.
- Technology preview of Avid’s MC Mix, part of Avid’s Artist Series of consoles (formerly Euphonix Artist Series) running on a Windows 7 system.
Rotating technology demonstrations on Avid’s main stage and show floor will showcase audio innovations for independent and studio professionals, featuring:
- Open, flexible workflows in interoperable environments
- Best-in-class audio solutions, including:
- Pro Tools HD Native, the newest addition to the Pro Tools family that harnesses faster CPUs to deliver customers the industry-leading capabilities of Pro Tools HD with native, host-based performance
- Pro Tools HD IO, OMNI, and MADI converters for best in class A-D/D-A conversion and the highest sound quality
- HEAT software, a revolutionary software add-on that brings the warmth of analog components to the Pro Tools│HD mixer.
- Mbox family of portable recording solutions, providing new A-D/D-A converters, cleaner preamps and improved drivers for Pro Tools and third-party DAW support.
- Artist Series and Pro Series Consoles, streamlining production with award winning ergonomic control.
Also appearing at AES as part of the workshop and seminar series, Avid’s Robert Scovill will present as part of an Economics-Driven Change of Touring live sound seminar on Thursday, November 4 and a Live Monitoring and Latency with Digital Audio Networks workshop on Friday, November 5. In addition, Avid’s Sheldon Radford will participate in an Audio/Video Bridging (AVB) product design panel discussion on 11/5. And in addition, Engineer Billy Bush and founder and CEO of Sonic Magic Studios and post mixer Jonathan Wales will be making an appearance on the Avid booth’s main stage, speaking to the strength and flexibility of Avid’s new HD solutions.
More information: Avid