Avid introduces Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack
Avid has introduced the Digidesign Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, a collection of five professional virtual instruments that enable musicians and producers to harness the full creative power of Pro Tools, while writing, composing, and recording music.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack includes updated versions of the Structure™ professional sampler workstation, Strike™ virtual drummer, Velvet™ vintage electric pianos, Transfuser™ groove creator, and Hybrid™ high-definition synthesizer. All the instruments have been updated with new features that offer much deeper integration with Pro Tools, supporting audio and MIDI region drag-and-drop functionality, enabling customers to more easily obtain creative results quickly.
Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack features
- Structure, a powerful professional sampler workstation, allows customers to create, sculpt, edit, and refine everything from acoustic instruments to complex soundscapes in real time. This release now includes over 5 GB of new sounds, offering users more sonic possibilities than ever before. Structure now also supports more sample formats natively, including both Giga-Sampler and Kontakt 3, providing customers an easy way to integrate existing sample libraries and begin using them in Pro Tools right away.
- Strike, a virtual instrument that emulates the performance style of a real drummer, makes it easy to create, control and produce professional drum performances from within Pro Tools. It now offers new, high-definition acoustic and electronic drum kits, providing users with a more wide-range of percussion options. Strike now also offers expanded options for customers to use their own samples. allowing for highly customized drum sounds and virtual performances that will put a human touch on any track.
- Velvet delivers realistic emulations of a variety of classic electric pianos, and offers more sonic possibilities than previous versions, including classic “digital” e-piano sounds of the ‘80s and a new enhanced reverb effects module, which provides vintage sounds that provide a classic touch to recordings.
- Transfuser is an innovative, real-time loop, phrase, and groove creation instrument, which now offers a new bass module inspired by the Roland TB-303, allowing customers to re-create these original vintage sounds as well as more modern synth bass. Transfuser also includes1.6 GB of new audio loops and content, including new electronic drum kits and a new 6-band parametric EQ, providing more options and more creative control within the instrument when creating beats and grooves.
- Hybrid is a high-definition software synthesizer plug-in that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of modern manipulation capabilities. It now delivers all-new tonal possibilities with more than 250 new patches, and includes multi-square waveforms and new Blue, White, Mod, and Crackle waveforms for the noise oscillator, enabling customers to create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack compliments the 70+ virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins already included with Pro Tools 8, greatly expanding its creative power and delivering incredible sound quality, feature innovation, and musical playability. This release marks the first time these five virtual instruments have been offered for purchase as a bundle, and a single unified installer is featured, designed to make set-up and authorization simple and straightforward.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack will ship in Q1 of 2010, and carries a MSRP of $499 USD. There are unique upgrade options for customers who own existing instruments to upgrade to the latest version of their instrument, or else obtain additional savings by upgrading to the full collection.