Increpare has released Bfxr, a free sound fx generator.
Bfxr is an elaboration of the glorious Sfxr, the program of choice for many people looking to make sound effects for computer games.
Bfxr has moved in the direction of increased complexity and range of expression. All the buttons that you know and love are here, but there are some new things as well.
- 5 new waveforms : triangle, breaker, tan, whistle, and pink noise.
- 3 new filters : compression, harmonics, and bitcrusher.
- Ability to lock parameters during mutation/randomization.
- Expanded pitch-jumping abilities – good for arpeggiation effects.
- Keeps your sounds and mixes in persistant lists.
- Can reverse synths.
- Ability to link directly to sounds.
Bfxr is available online, and as a free standalone application (requires Adobe AIR).
More information: Bfxr