Big Tick Audio releases Zen 1.5, universal presets manager
Big Tick Audio has released version 1.5 of Zen, the a universal presets manager for Windows and Mac.
The biggest change was the creation of a core library, mostly because I am starting to have requests from companies who want to license the Zen engine (database searches + online synchronization) to build their own preset browser.
Changes in Zen v1.5
- Major code rewrite, separating Zen into a core library (ZenCore) and the Zen Browser itself.
- Added midi-controlled “virtual bank” slots, where presets from different vstis can be stored.
- Replaced tooltips with a contextual help box.
- Added support for Zen-aware plugins, including assets management.
- Added ‘hidden’ flag to permanently hide presets from search results.
- Fixed various UI refresh issues.
- Fixed crashes when duplicating instances in Ableton Live.
- Fixed button for creating own tags on OSX.
- Invalid designer keys are now rejected immediately.
- Optimized dynamic memory allocations.
- Changes for 64bits compatibility.
Zen is available for Windows and Mac as freeware.