BlauKraut Engineering has updated the Charlatan freeware synthesizer plug-in for Windows to version 1.1.4.
Charlatan is a polyphonic, subtractive virtual analog software synthesizer plugin whose design focuses on sound quality and easy usability.
Changes in Charlatan v1.1.4
- Revision of the 4-pole ladder filter implementation. Placement of nonlinearities as in the original circuit.
- New switch 2OCT for Osc2: double detune range (+/-2 octaves).
- 90 degree phase shift of Osc2 square wave relative to Osc1 (only when sync is inactive). Emulates behavior of sub-oscs of Roland synths.
- If Osc1 is set to noise, the ring mod input from Osc1 is now the rectangle signal rather than noise.
- Reduced max. filter key tracking from 200% to 100%..
- LFO delay parameter was completely hosed (10x the displayed value!) Fixed.
- Handle LFO delay time on samplerate change. Fixed.
- Doubled max. LFO delay time (10s -> 20s). Fixed.
- Additional Minor tweaks and fixes.
Charlatan for Windows (VST) is available to download free of charge.
More information: BlauKraut Engineering