Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Blue Cat Audio releases Protector v1.1
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of Protector, a brickwall limiter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The plugin is now available for Mac in VST and Audio Unit formats and includes several improvements and fixes to the PC VST and DirectX versions. It offers simple controls and yet provides a wide range of sounding capabilities, from very transparent limiting to heavy distortion, with no latency.
Changes in Protector v1.1
- Mac Audio Unit and VST support.
- New Windows installers (much faster install, improved upgrades).
- Automation output can now be disabled for hosts that do not propose automated parameters choice.
- (Bug Fix): fixed MIDI learn issues.
- (Bug Fix): window opacity is now properly reset when selecting factory presets.
Protector is available now for an introductory price of 53.10 EUR (normal price 59 EUR) or $71.10 USD (instead of $79 USD). It is also available as part of the Master Pack bundle.
Visit Blue Cat Audio for more information.