Blue Cat Audio has released version 2.5 of Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer, a new version of the multiband mixing plug-in and VST/AU host.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.5 now includes an external side chain input that can be used by sub-plug-ins for multiband side chain applications. It is now also possible to select the audio i/o used by each sub-plug-in on each band for more flexible audio routing.
This new version also improves compatibility with third party plug-ins, adding support for plug-ins that do not provide a user interface (“gui-less” plug-ins), and fixing several compatibility problems.
Moreover, several other areas such as presets loading, skin management and performance have been improved (full list below).
Changes Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer v2.5
- External side chain support: side chain input can be used by sub plug-ins on each band.
- Sub plug-ins audio i/o routing: connect the inputs and outputs of each plug-in to any channel (enabling multi-mono or creative side chain usage).
- Latency is now compensated for individual channels when a plug-in is processing only a subset of all available channels.
- GUI-less plug-ins support: a generic user interface is now provided for VST or AU plug-ins that do not include a graphical editor.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages.
- Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
- Improved crossovers precision and performance.
- Improved presets and session load/save performance (up to 4 times faster in some situations).
- Fixed issue with Izotope Audio Units that were configured as mono effects on stereo tracks.
- Fixed issue with some Audio Unit instruments that did not produce any sound (IK Multimedia, Kontakt…)
- Fixed crashes during auto save with Kontakt 5 in Pro Tools 11/12.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DirectX) is available for purchase for 99 EUR / $129 USD (VAT excluded). The update is free for existing customers.