Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of several updates for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2, the multi-band processing plug-in with VST hosting capabilities.
The updates mainly improve compatibility with additional VST plug-ins (including VST Shells), adds support for virtual instruments hosting, tempo synchronization and more (full list below). A free add-on skin is now available for download to streamline the usage of the plug-in in single band (broadband) mode.
The plug-in can be purchased alone or as part of three bundles: Blue Cat’s Energy Pack, Blue Cat’s MB Dynamix Pack or Blue Cat’s All Plug-ins Pack, the complete Blue Cat Audio collection bundle. The special introduction offer (20% off) is still available until September 30th.
Changes in MB-7 Mixer v2.03
- The plug-in can now host VST instruments.
- Added support for plug-ins bundled into a VST Shell.
- Hosted VST plug-ins can now sync with the host’s tempo.
- AudioSuite support (offline processing) for the AAX version.
- Some VST plug-ins that required tempo sync used to crash on load or produce no sound.
- Fixed compatibility issues with FabFilter plug-ins.
- Some VST plug-ins used to crash when reloading a Pro Tools session in Pro Tools 11.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DirectX) is available to purchase for 74 EUR / $96 USD until September 30th, 2013 (regular 99 EUR / $129 USD). The upgrade from Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 1 is 19 EUR / $25 USD.