Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Blue Microphones releases Blue FiRe
Blue Microphones has released Blue FiRe, a free, high-fidelity field recording app for iPhone and iPod Touch, developed in partnership with Audiofile Engineering.
“The Blue FiRe App was a natural next step for Blue Microphones as we continue to expand our superior quality audio recording products and services to consumers,” said William Merchan, vice president, Sales of Blue Microphones. “We are excited to extend Blue FiRe’s high-quality recording capabilities for the Mikey to both the iPhone and iPod touch.”
Coupled with the Mikey, Blue FiRe provides high-fidelity recordings in mono and stereo, while allowing users to see the accurate audio waveform in real-time. Featuring the ability to create editable audio markers and tag recordings with location data.
Blue FiRe features
- Navigation of waveform via double-tap with configurable behavior.
- Configurable time units display.
- Record For, Record Until, Record Over Threshold and settings.
- Quality settings: Low (11.025 kHz), Medium (22.050 kHz) and High (44.1 kHz).
- Browser based file export via local web server.
- WAV, AIFF, CAF (Core Audio Format).
Blue FiRe is available as a free download from the App Store.