Bolder Sounds has released Bluegrass Banjo, a new 1.5 GB sample library for NI Kontakt 4+ and Apple EXS24.
Both versions of this library give extensive control over the left hand fingering style of the banjo.
The Kontakt version uses a KSP string algorithm which allows the user to choose between playing in a specified position or to play on a particular string only. Also included in the Kontakt version is the ability to select articulations via velocity rather than the default key switches if desired.
On the EXS24 version, numerous banjo maps are offered which emphasize the span of a particular strings samples, as well as a separate components folder with each banjo string mapped to its full sampled length. Both the Kontakt and EXS libraries have an instrument created for use with a MIDI guitar controller.
Bluegrass Banjo features
- 5 round-robins for each of the 5 strings of the banjo. Strings 1 through 4 were sampled chromatically up to the 17th fret. The first string was sampled up to the 22nd fret.
- Various articulations: Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs, Half and Whole step Slides as well as Harmonics. All with 2 x independent round-robins per key.
- Freely assignable Key-Switches for Fret Positions and String Imposes. Articulations may also be triggered via velocity instead of key switches. A new fret algorithm automatically selects the correct fret according to the played note (Kontakt only).
- A very advanced Pitch Bend control (Kontakt only).
- Major, minor and diminished chords in 3 voicings (low, mid and high), short and long articulations with 2 x round-robins per chord.
- REX format banjo rolls (arpeggios) in 3/4 and 4/4 time. Major, minor and diminished rolls recorded in the most common banjo keys.
- The rolls (arpeggios) can be played in any key you like, in the Kontakt “Rolls” patches (Kontakt only).
Bluegrass Banjo costs $59.95 USD (Kontakt) / $49.95 USD (EXS24), with introductory prices of $40 and $33.50 respectively, available until January 15th, 2013.
More information: Bolder Sounds