Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Bootsy releases Density mkII
Bootsy has released Density mkII, a smooth and versatile stereo bus dynamic processor for Windows.
This device ain’t modeled after any specific outboard gear but rather incorporates some proven dynamic shaping approaches from the past, combined in a seamless fashion with some much more modern concepts in audio processing – the best of both worlds.
Density mkII was primarily designed to work in a typical stereo audio group mixing situation or while summing and to glue all things together in a rather unobtrusive way. Yet it’s capable of signal colouring but in a subtle and pleasant way and also can perform quiet different tasks very versatile.
Bootsy Density mkII – Visual concept by Patrick Barca
Density mkII features
- Perform ultra smooth 2bus compression.
- Master difficult to handle audio dynamics.
- Manage mid/side dynamic processing in a true two channel layout.
- Apply dynamic range adjustments easily
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing.
- Zero latency processing, no phase alterations.
- Performance crucial parts are written in assembler.
- Completely SSE optimized.
Density mkII is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Variety Of Sound