Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Bootsy releases FerricTDS
Bootsy has released FerricTDS, a free tape dynamics simulation effect plug-in for Windows.
Inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders, this plug-in simulates three of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices:
- DYNAMICS – gently shaping the overall dynamic response
- SATURATION – adding extra harmonic-related content
- LIMITING – controlling peak performance
- Performs gentle audio dynamic treatments.
- Masters difficult to handle audio material.
- Adds extra harmonics and saturation effects.
- Controls outgoing audio peaks.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing.
- 4x oversampled core algorithms.
- Performance-critical parts are written in assembler.
- Completely SSE-optimized.
FerricTDS is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. It is part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2009.