Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Bootsy releases Rescue VST
Bootsy (H. L. Goldberg) has released Rescue, the first in a series of signal modelling VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
Rescue is an analog style modelled signal designer, introducing spatial imaging as well as sonic resolution improvements to program material. It features simple yet powerful solo signal alteration: transient shaping, imaging and depth balancing.
- Minimum latency processing.
- Low cpu usage.
- Stereo widening preserves mono compatibility.
- Inherent mid/side processing.
- Gain and limit operates on per channel base.
- Switchable signal colouration.
- Dynamic noise model.
- State of the art signal processing and modelling algorithms implemented.
- Plugin integration is done with Synthmaker software.
- Performance crucial parts are written in assembler.
- ‘ANALOG’ section is SSE optimized (the m/s section can’t).
More information about Rescue can be found in the manual (pdf included in the download).
You can download Bootsy Rescue here.