Brain Control has introduced Tunefish v3, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Tunefish is a very tiny virtual analog synthesizer. It is developed to fit into about 10kb of compressed machine code while still producing an audio quality that can compete with commercial synthesizers.
This VSTi, unlike the version of TF which is used in 64k intros of our group Brain Control is of course larger, mainly because it is based on the Qt framework for C++ to make the GUI possible.
Tunefish v3 features
- It’s implemented as a VST instrument so can be used in your favorite sequencer.
- It uses a spline based oscillator that can by configured very dynamically.
- Additionally to normal sine, sawtooth, triangle and pulse waveforms, it can do anything that is possible with 6 points and step/linear/spline interpolation.
- The Noise generator can produce any frequency of noise with any bandwidth.
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Notch filters are availanle.
- 4 ADSRs and 4 LFOs that can be linked to pretty much any importand knob using a modulation matrix.
- Supported effects are Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, EQ and Formant.
- The effects stack allows for any permutation of up to 10 effects.
Tunefish is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Tunefish