Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
Bram Bos releases Tunafish v1.2
Tunafish is a low-cost, lightweight sequencer that’s as simple as possible yet with the versatility of a big sequencer. Stripped of confusing, exotic bells & whistles, focusing on what’s essential and fun.
- VST 2.3 compatible host for instruments and effects
- Single window interface, modeled after the successful Hammerhead formula
- Built-in sample/drum sequencer
- Use your own WAVs as samples
- An easy alternative to complex, bloated sequencers
- Easy Midi-learn function for use with Midi-controllers, and Midi-input
- Internal 32 bit audio processing engine with various built-in FX
- Export to high quality WAV, MP3 or RealMusic (MP3 ringtone) files
- Import and export of Midi (.mid) files
- Use the PC-keyboard for triggering notes
New in version 1.2
- MP3 export (192, 224 and 320 Kbps)
- Midi-learn for tweaking parameters using external Midi-gear
- Very basic Midi-input recording
- Internal Midi-routing, for use with VST-midi plugins (e.g. Chordspace)
- Trigger notes using the PC-keyboard or the on-screen keyboard
- Various bugfixes and fixes for “misbehaving” plugins
Check Bram Bos’ website for more information and a link to download the demo.