Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Bug Labs releases BUGsound
BUGsound is an audio module, providing a flush-mount 20-mm speaker and omnidirectional microphone with hardware stereo codecs and four 3.5-mm stereo jacks for third-party inputs, outputs, headphones and microphones.
Use BUG as a portable music player, speakerphone, audio processor, and more.
- Built-in mono micro-speaker, 20mm diameter.
- Impedance is 8O ±15% at 1.5kHz 1V.
- Input power is 0.5W nominal, 1.0W handling capacity.
- Sound pressure level is 82dB/w ±3 dB.
- Built-in electret microphone (mono).
- Sensitivity: -45 ±4 dB (0dB=1V/Pa, 1kHz).
- 20-16,000 Hz.
- > 58dB SNR.
- Stereo Codec
- DAC SNR 102 dBA.
- ADC SNR 92dB, THD -89dB (48ksps, 1kHz, 0dB PGA gain, -2dB full-scale input).
- On-chip Headphone driver, 30mW per channel into 16O / 3.3V SPKVDD.
- 16/20/24/32-bit data.
- Data rates from 8 kHz to 96kHz.
- 3-D/Bass/Treble/EQ/De-Emphasis effects.
- Serial data bus supports I2S, left/right-justified, DSP, and TDM modes.
- ADC with programmable preamp gain or Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for record.
- Programmable filters for audible noise reduction.
BUGsound is available for purchase now for $99 USD.
Visit Bug Labs for more information.
Link via Create Digital Music