Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
BV Music releases BV26 Subtraction and BV24 Quadlayer
BV Music has released 2 new freeware VSTi plug-ins: BV26 Subtraction and BV24 Quadlayer.
BV26 Subtraction is a 3 Wavetable Multi Osc synth featuring:
- 1 Filter
- 1 LFO + Env follower
- 1 Step LFO + Env follower
- 3 x Detuner
- PM + Env follower
- ADSR for Amp and Filter
- Effects: Flangus, Delay, My Cowboy delay
- Mono switch, Scope Analizer, Master Wave, and Master Octave
- 20 presets
There’s a demo video available here.
The focus of this synth was to get good presets from the new Osc waveforms. BV26 Subtraction is very light on CPU.
BV24 Quadlayer is basically 3 instruments in 1.
BV24 Quadlayer features
- 6 Wavetable Osc
- 6 Detuners
- 4 SV Filters
- 3 Step LFO (with envelope follower)
- 3 Wavetable LFO
- 4 ADSR, 4 Filter cutoff ADSRV
- 4 Preset browsers
- 3 Mono switch, Scope analizer, Master section
- 10 presets
It can be quite heavy on the CPU. If it causes problems in your setup, you can use the Channel Mute.