Cableguys has announced a public beta of VolumeShaper 3, an effect plug-in for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal.
From signature pumping effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping, VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.
New in version 3: A precise oscilloscope for helpful visual control, plus an option to trigger the LFO via MIDI notes.
VolumeShaper 3 features
- Unique waveform editing — Just like using a graphics program, draw waveforms with ease and precision. Create smooth bezier curves, peaks, cuts and slopes using soft or hard breakpoints, producing gentle transitions or sharp bends in the waveform.
- The LFO — This LFO can take you places. Set it free-running, synced to the beat of your sequencer or synced to the frequency of a note you’re playing, from long, evolving LFO lengths right up to the audible range.
- New: MIDI triggering — VolumeShaper is an audio effect, but can receive MIDI from your host sequencer or any virtual or physical MIDI port. Extremely useful. For example, set it to retrigger the LFO when you play a note — perfect for defining the volume envelope of your synths and drum players. You can even set the LFO to the frequency of the note that you play.
- New: Oscilloscope — Get a good look at your sounds: A sample-accurate oscilloscope displays the incoming and processed audio signal, so you can see exactly where to draw the curve. Allows faster and more accurate edits.
- User-friendly design — All the controls are available within a single window, in a clear, neatly-organized design that still looks OK after six solid hours in the studio. Version 3 features improved contrast and a fresh color scheme.
- Parameter automation — From LFO speed to waveform selection, absolutely everything can be automated. Our tip: Automate the shapes of the waveforms and breakpoint movements for dynamic effects.
- Exceptional sound quality — VolumeShaper computes the audio at a per-sample basis. Its LFO is interpolated with cubic interpolation and will always stay in sync, even when you make tempo changes in your host software, or jump ahead to different parts of your track.
VolumeShaper 3 beta is available for Mac and Windows (VST/AU/RTAS). The VolumeShaper 2 plug-in is now available to purchase for 15 EUR/$20 USD incl. VAT. The upgrade from version 2 to 3 will be free of charge.