Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
CableGuys updates Curve to v0.5b
CableGuys has updated their freeware VST wavetable synthesizer Curve to version 0.5b.
This new beta fixes a problem where Curve would produce strange noises when running on multicore CPUs.
- 3 oscillators (each of them can be set to one of four user-wavetables, sine, saw, pulse, triangle or noise)
- 2 synced and 2 unsynced LFOs
- Envelopes for Volume and Filter
- 6/12/24dB-filters with cutoff and resonance
- Draw your own wavetables
- Drawable modulation matrixes
- 128 note polyphony
- automation of all parameters (except for the user-wavetable and modulation matrixes)
- Option to render bandlimited, aliasing-free sounds (aliasing can be turned on to produce vintage digital sounds)
- Spectrographs of the wavetables you draw
- Snapshots of your wavetables for faster editing
Visit CableGuys for more information and a link to download Curve v0.5b, additional presets and demo mp3s.