Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Cakewalk updates SONAR to v8.3 and SONAR V-Studio 700 to v1.1
The SONAR 8.3 update adds classic Roland sample content for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE, drum kits for Session Drummer 2, along with new usability enhancements and engine optimizations. The SONAR 8.3 update also addresses performance issues reported by customers after the initial release of SONAR 8. Additionally, since the initial Winter NAMM update announcement, numerous enhancements are now included in a version 1.1 software update for SONAR V-Studio 700 and a firmware update for its onboard Fantom VS hardware synthesizer.
Changes in SONAR v8.3
- Live input plug-in delay compensation (PDC) override.
- Multiprocessor load balancing.
- Aim Assist enhancements.
- Snap to Grid enhancements.
- Dynamic Arm enhancement.
- External insert enhancements.
- Global effects bypass.
- Split clip group enhancement.
- New Split clip options.
- Notification when track/bus outputs are assigned to silent output.
- Guitar Rig 3.2.1 LE enhancements (SONAR 8.3 Producer Edition only).
- TruePianos Vista x64 support (SONAR 8.3 Producer only).
- Classic sounds for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE.
- Classic drum kits for Session Drummer 2.
- Various fixes and improvements, details here.
Changes in SONAR V-Studio 700 v1.1
- Channel Branch Mode – In this handy mode Fader 1 controls the volume of the selected track with faders 2-8 also controlling the associated sends for the selected track. It’s an effective big board mixing technique available at the push of a button.
- Full featured and powerful ARX expansion board editor that emulates the graphic interface of the Fantom synthesizer.
- Default ACT mappings for all synthesizer and processer plug-ins included in SONAR 8.
- Navigate plug-in presets from the surface.
- Finer resolution option for the rotary encoders.
- Enhanced control over the I/O from the surface.
- Joystick controller can now be used to move windows.
- Support for 2nd Fantom VS synth when an additional VS-700R is installed.
- Many fixes and improvements, details here.
The free SONAR 8.3 and SONAR V-Studio 700 1.1 updates for Windows XP and native Vista (32-bit & 64-bit) are available as a free downloads to registered SONAR 8 and SONAR V-Studio 700 customers.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.