Camel Audio has released version 1.20 of Alchemy Player, a major update to the popular SFZ and Alchemy sound playback engine, which is now completely free.
Alchemy Player now allows you to load and play any SFZ file, and comes with 150 presets (1200 variations) plus an extra 50 sounds if you register, with a total of 1 GB of samples. You can extend your sound palette with Camel Audio’s extensive Alchemy Sound Library range. Alchemy Player supports all major formats on both Windows and Mac including VST, AU and RTAS in 32-bit and 64-bit flavours.
Alchemy Player can now play back highly detailed sample libraries of acoustic instruments, as it now supports round-robin and key-switching plus unlimited keyboard zones and velocity layers. Alchemy Player may be the only sample player you ever need, since it can now load third-party or converted SFZ libraries. When you load an SFZ file, Alchemy automatically creates eight remix pad variations using different effects and modulations.
Looks haven’t been ignored either, with on the fly switching of skins, a streamlined and easier-to-read face-lift for the default skin, plus a new Nightshade skin for those who find a darker look easier to work with.
This update took over two man-years to create with numerous other enhancements and bug fixes. Alchemy Player 1.20 is slicker, more powerful and faster than ever, and is now completely free. Head over to www.camelaudio.com to grab your copy.
Changes in Alchemy Player v1.20
- New formats – 64-bit and RTAS:
- 64-bit support for Mac and Windows – access unlimited memory.
- RTAS Support for Pro Tools on Mac and Windows.
- SFZ Sample Playback Support:
- SFZ support – high quality loading of 3rd party and converted SFZs.
- Key switching for fast access to articulations.
- Round robin support for added realism.
- Unlimited zones for velocity, round robin, key switches…
- Intelligent sample memory handling halves the sample memory required.
- Improved GUI and New Skin:
- New ‘Nightshade’ skin by BitPlant.
- Switch skins from the file menu.
- Other New Features:
- Randomise snapshots option.
- Support for shortcuts or aliases to folders.
- Improved MIDI program change implementation.
- Easier, faster, more reliable sound library installation.
- Supports new ‘.CamelSounds’ file type for easier installation.
- Improved stability and GUI handling in all hosts.
- Improved Cameleon preset import.
- Full Alchemy Demo period increased to 4 weeks.
- Save consolidated no longer copies factory samples.
- User details are no longer displayed.
- Faster updating of re-mix pad and other controls.
- Copy to all snapshots now works for snapshot volume.
- All submenus now display a check mark.
- Comment lines now supported in SFZ files.
Alchemy Player is available as a free download from the Camel Audio website.