Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Camel Audio updates Alchemy to v1.10
Camel Audio has released version 1.10 of Alchemy, the sample manipulation synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
The factory content has been expanded with almost 150 purer and less experimental sounds, the Electronic bank now has an additional 35 dance sounds and the Atmospheric bank has 30 extra smooth pads and soundscapes. The presets were specially commisioned from world class sound designers Robert Rich, Luftrum, Lotuzia, bManic, Adam van Baker, Ugo, Ole Jeppesen, Martin Walker, Jim Hunter, Paul Nauert and Christian Kjeldsen.
Alchemy v1.10 has numerous enhancements and fixes including right click context sensitive help, ability to analyse files up to 5 mins in length, an easier to use file import dialog including scroll wheel support and reduced GUI opening times.
Changes in Alchemy v1.10
- Right click context sensitive help.
- Ability to analyse files up to 5 mins in length.
- New additive pitch setting.
- Easier to use import file dialog including scroll wheel support.
- File browser recognises alias’s (OSX) and shortcuts (Win).
- Reduced GUI opening time.
- Improved auto assign and remix pad variations.
- Choose whether Alchemy should start in simple or advanced mode.
- Option to invert performance knobs on right click menu.
- Effects rack scrollbar shrinks/expands depending on number of effects loaded.
- Mod depth snaps to semitone values when applied to tune.
- Additive editor shows active partials.
- Snap additive partials to semitone/dB.
- Copy/paste commands in additive file menu update depending on view.
- New snapshot volume control.
- Extra 6dB of volume.
- User details displayed in about box and at startup.
- Sampler now supports forward/back loop mode.
- Right click option to assign single knob.
- Various bug fixes, details here.
Alchemy is available for Windows and Mac for $249 USD / €199 EUR / £179 GBP. The update is free for registered users. A demo version of Alchemy can be downloaded from the Alchemy product page.