THAT SOUND has announced the release of Paul Mabury Drums, a collection of signature drum sounds recorded at the Sound Emporium.
Paul Mabury Drums is a collection of Paul’s favorite drums, tuned in his style, and recorded at the legendary Sound Emporium Studios in Nashville, TN.
This drum pack gives you 7 Kick drums, 10 Snares, Toms, and more that all sound fresh and real. Paul’s drums are vintage in vibe, but modern in application. His drum samples are a little rough around the edges, but sound perfect in songs. The huge variety of drum hits allows you to use them in almost every music genre.
Paul’s drums were recorded through a Trident 80B and then mixed by Dustin Burnett. Whether you are staring a song from scratch with Paul’s drums, or layering his sounds on an existing drum performance, you will instantly gain more sonic depth and color to your songs.
The sample library is available to purchase for $35 USD.
More information: THAT SOUND / Paul Mabury Drums
Kong Audio has announced a limited sale on its Chinee Series Big Winds Pack bundle.
For a limited time (till Jan 17, 2014), Chinee Series Big Winds Pack, which includes 8 types of instruments (17 recorded instruments in total) can be had with a special promo discount: instead of $338, the whole pack is only $269 (20% off) now!
Not only you get Kong Audio’s flagship product ChineeWinds, you also get the most comprehensive Chinese wind collection on the market. Don’t miss out!
Chinee Series Big Winds Pack features
- ChineeWinds: Flutes Hors D’oeuvre. Contains 8 different flutes, most importantly different DiZi’s.
- NanXiao: The Flute of Melancholy.
- SuoNa: The Stentorian Brass.
- GuanZi: The Pipe of Tristesse.
- Sheng: The Mouth Organ of Concord.
- HuLuSi: The Riveting Bottle Gourds.
- BaWu: The Free-Reed of China.
- Xun: Ancient Errie Ocarina.
The sale ends January 17th, 2014.
More information: Kong Audio
Sound Dust has released The Pendleonium²,an updated version of the Kontakt sample instrument, which adds new layers of scripting and effects, and a new GUI.
The Pendleonium² is an imagined ancient keyboard instrument assembled from layered real world instruments that is designed to create a wide range of useful weezy, dusty “antique” timbres.
The Pendleonium² has 6 combinable and easy to manipulate multi-sampled articulation “oscillators” recorded from a variety of electric and acoustic stringed instruments through analogue FX hardware.
- Danelectro Baritone guitar.
- Fernandes Sustainer Native guitar.
- Shimro viola.
- Roland RE 501 Space Echo tape delay.
- Vermona Retroverb spring reverb.
- Laney VC15 valve amp.
Two new pages of Kontakt scripting allow intimate control and automation of volume levels, pan, envelopes, eq and effects so a wide variety of sound possibilities can be explored.
The library is available to purchase for £15 GBP. The update is free for The Pendleonium users.
More information: Sound Dust / The Pendleonium²
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently.
This new version mainly brings sub plug-in automation support thanks to new parameter mapping features, phase flip and gain compensation for parallel chains, a few compatibility improvements and many more enhancements (details below): It is now possible to map hosted plug-ins’ parameters to external parameters that can be controlled by host automation or external control surfaces.
Changes in Blue Cat’s PatchWork v1.1
- New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a “learn” mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Usual Blue Cat Audio plug-ins’ advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- In some hosts, when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- Fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically (“Reson” for example).
- Fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
- Some plug-ins that required the deprecated “effIdle” VST message should now work properly (Steinberg’s Virtual Guitarist for example).
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 47 EUR / $63 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 59 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
5Pin Media has announced the release of Deep House Bass, a collection of deep bass sounds by house producer Adam Shaw.
The precise combination of MIDI, Patches and Loops across all major formats, is geared to add that all important prerequisite low down punch!
If the recent Deep Soulful creations from Mia Dora, Dusky, Huxley, Medlar, Cristoph, George Fitzgerald and Deetron inspire you, you are definitely looking in the right department. From Subby Sines, Deep Organs, Hollow Pulses, Warm Creamy Moogs and various Blazing Signature Adam Shaw Basses, you can be rest assured that all sonic angles are covered.
Expect to find 174 Loops in WAV, Apple and REX formats at 120bpm and 123bpm. 117 MIDI files that correlate with the audio loops and 20 Multi-Sample Patches for NNXT, Kontakt 3, Live 8 Sampler, Halion, EXS24 and SFZ formats. There is also a Live8 Project containing some juicy festive season extras.
The sound pack costs £24.95 GBP. Individual parts are also sold separately.
More information: 5Pin Media / Deep House Bass
, drum and bass
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 17, 2013
Industrial Strength Samples has launched Audio Agression, a drum and bass sample pack from heavy-hitting artist Lowroller.
Lowroller’s Audio Aggression warps the twisted contours of Drum n Bass, Crossbreed, and Hardcore to create a smart set of innovative sounds.
Stuffed with 3 GB of head banging content, this follow up production pack unearths enough Bass and Hardcore Kicks to rumble the dance floor. You’ll find wily Arpeggiators, fierce Stabs, thick Pads, unique Ambient Sounds, and dirty Feedback Noise. Let the syncopation sink in with more than 190 Drum Breaks and Loops, including both straight and swung versions of each Drum Loop. Plus dig into a slew of twisted Sweeps, Growls, and dirty Reese bass leads.
Lowroller Audio Agression features
- 41 Massive Patches + 46 ISR NI Massive Patches.
- 228 Drum Loops (also Apple Loops and REX).
- 118 Drum shots.
- 7 Ambience.
- 14 Effects.
- 28 Drum Fills.
- 4 Feedback Fx.
- Includes 11 NI Battery 4 Kits, 1 ISR NI Battery 4 Kit, 1 Ni Maschine Kit (+Massive Audio Demo).
- 600 Kontakt Wav Audio used in NI Kontakt 4+ Instruments: 10 Arp, 2 Fx Loops, 4 Pad, 11 Reese, 3 Rockets, 3 Stabs, 2 Subs, 3 Sweeps.
The sample pack costs £29.95 GBP. Massive, Kontakt, and Audio packs are also sold separately.
More information: Industrial Strength / Lowroller Audio Agression
Prime Loops has launched The Sound Of BAR9, a collection of 350MB+ of speaker-bursting audio goodness from BAR9, effortlessly combining raw electro with future trap, mashing up darkest dubstep with anthemic EDM.
Fusing a throwback synth sound with a futuristic twist, BAR9 join London’s premier samples agency in The Sound of BAR9 fresh out of the studio after releasing their brand new album ‘Brave New’ World’. With an impressive selection of remixes under their belts, adding their explosive touch to tracks by the likes of Nero, Eurythmics, Foreign Beggars, Example, Noisia and Wretch 32, BAR9′s own signature sound has awarded them a lot of attention.
The Sound of BAR9 deploys 350MB+ of brand new samples and 140bpm Loops created exclusively for Prime Loops by BAR9 themselves and this pack perfectly encapsulates their revolutionary sound and their consciousness to this theme is even evident in file titles such as ‘EdSnowden’ and ‘Catch22′.
This Artist Series pack is divided into 6 comprehensive folders of Bass One-Shots, Basslines, Drum Loops, Drum One-Shots, SFX One-Shots and Synth Loops, collectively containing over 330 individual samples. From the soft piano refrain of Synth Loop ‘Rain’ to the nebula echo of Synth Loop ‘Noize’ and from the high octane traction of Bassline Loop ‘Creepy Crawly’ to shuffle and clap of half-speed Drum Loop ‘Transitsor’, there’s a wealth of elements available, each encapsulating a different aspect of BAR9′s distinctive signature sound.
The sample pack costs £24.95 GBP.
More information: Prime Loops / The Sound Of BAR9
Famous Audio has released Big Bad Kicks 2, a sample pack featuring a collection of powerful kick drums designed for a variety of EDM styles.
This pack brings you a fresh supply of current EDM sounds. From big & fat and heavy to deep and dirty KICKS!! All the sounds are polished and club-ready. Inside you will find cleverly designed kick drums, all optimized with maximum power and depth. This is great addition to anyones arsenal of sounds. Compared to Vol 1 big kick samples has been tuned and labeled with the key so you know they are in tune and will easily integrate into your productions.
In detail “Big Bad Kicks Vol 2″ contains 250 amazing kick drum samples + 30 killer kick loops guaranteed to add punch, power and precision to your drum arrangements. 60 Key Labeled Big Kicks, 30 Dynamic Kicks, 30 Hard & Dirty Kicks, 25 Analog Soft Kicks, 25 Clap Layer Kicks, 25 Fx Layer Kicks, 20 Tuned Sub Kicks, 15 Heavy & Sub Kicks, 10 Reversed Kicks, 10 Top Kicks AND 30 Kick Loops. Layered, EQed and processed in all the right places, each one sounds uniquely PHAT. Don’ t waste time trying to find the perfect kick.
The sample pack costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Famous Audio / Big Bad Kicks 2