CEntrance has announced a crowd-funding effort to speed up the production of MixerFace, its new mobile recording interface for smartphones and tablets.
MixerFace connects professional microphones with smartphones, tablets and laptops. The small, battery-powered mobile device includes two studio-grade microphone preamps and rich digital connectivity options, enabling professional-quality recording on the go.
The new product comes on the heels of CEntrance’s successful “HiFi-M8″ (pronounced HiFi-Mate) portable DAC and headphone amp for the audiophile listening community. MixerFace integrates the smart phone into the audio production workflow, creating mobile recording capability for the modern, on-the-go musician, broadcaster and VO artist.
- Two custom, discrete, boutique microphone preamps, based on our new, low-noise dbpre technology.
- Each input features a Neutrik combo XLR jack with mic / line inputs and a wide-range gain control. Inputs can accommodate a guitar pedal board, as well as keyboards and other XLR or 1/4″ audio sources.
- A Hi-Z input has been requested and may be added.
- Two LED level indicators per channel (green for signal present, red for peak)
- 48V phantom power for using professional condenser microphones. Switchable per channel.
- 24-bit / 192kHz A/D and D/A converters.
- An innovative monitoring and mixing section that allows to pan each channel and control the dry/wet signal mix in the headphones.
- Loud headphone amplifier with digital volume control.
- Fully portable operation. Fits right underneath the phone, straps right to it and serves as a cradle, forming one device to hold.
- Works with old 30-pin iPhones and new lightning connector-based iPhones. Shorter cable options will be available as well.
The Indiegogo campaign aims to raise $52,000 USD by January 31, 2014 (11:59pm PT).
MixerFace is set for release in April 2014 and will be priced at $599 USD, while Indiegogo contributors can save a significant amount and be the first to receive the new product well in advance of stores.
More information: MixerFace