Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Chris Nash updates reViSiT Pro to v1.1.3
Chris Nash has released version 1.1.3 of reViSiT Pro, a tracking software for VST hosts.
Tracking is a method for computer music almost as mature and time-honoured as MIDI. Sometimes better, sometimes not so – always different. Tracking has to date been the remit of dedicated underground [freeware] software called “Trackers”, particular examples of which (eg. Fast Tracker, Impulse Tracker) have almost acrued cult-status with multi-million strong user-bases. The integration of the Tracker architecture (notably its User Interface*) in sequencer software, will bring the best of both worlds to the composer.
Changes in reViSiT Pro v1.1.3
- Improved audio performance (up to 2x) and sound quality.
- Improved compatibility with many hosts, notably SONAR and those using variable buffer sizes.
- Improved host sync. engine.
- Fixes for the audio engine and keyboard handler.
- Lots more, check the Development Blog for details.
reViSiT Pro is available as a free download as part of the reViSiT Experiment.
Visit nashNET for more information.