Christian Budde releases Advanced Clipper
Christian Budde has released Advanced Clipper, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
The ‘Advanced Clipper’ is basically a hard clipping plugin with two stages. Additional oversampling reduces alias noise. The oversampling algorithm is based on butterworth filters (as can be found in rubberfilter) and thus will affect the group delay (you can notice a delay of some samples in extreme cases).
Advanced Clipper features
- Two stages of minimum phase, butterworth oversampler.
- Hard clip at higher sample rates.
- Oversampling of up to 16x (in both stages).
- Filter order up to 64 (using the max. order will introduce noticable group delay).
- Tunable transition frequency (in parameter view).
- Several presets.
- Nice GUI.
Bootsy announces epicVerb