Christoph Hart has released Volker, a free funky melodica instrument for Kontakt.
A lot of brain work and programming effort was put into this instrument. Although you can download the files for free, consider it as TRADEWARE: if you find yourself enjoying this instrument, I would like you to fill out a short POLL about the quality of the instrument and your music production method.
- 60MB Sample data.
- Recorded stereo in 44kHz/24bit, normalized and converted to 16bit for better performance.
- Additional Noise Samples.
- Programming and scripting features:
- Optimized for usage with Yamaha Breath Controller.
- Recreation of instrument-specific playing techniques.
- AET Filter (3 layers) for dynamic expressibility.
- Customizable noise reproduction.
- Complex recreation of imperfect instrument behaviour.
- Custom flutter sound controllable via CC (puts the funk in the volker!).
- CC-Reconfiguration with “Learn”-button.
- Custom impulse response of the recording room.
- Manipulate the recording distance via one knob.
- Easy to use GUI with exquisitely selected parameters.
Volker is available to download as a freeware sampled instrument for Kontakt 4 (does not work with Kontakt Player 4). Feedback is much appreciated.